Monday, March 23, 2015

Writers Running!

Greetings from a sore and sunburned Brigid.

Someone forgot the sunscreen and is a little miserable

Yesterday saw Julie and I running the Reading Half-Marathon. This was Julie's first half-marathon and she was running for the Berkshire literacy charity ABC to Read, of which she is a patron. She was running to raise money for the wonderful work they do in schools, teaching the joy of reading to children. In 2014 ABC to Read was awarded the prestigious Queen's Award for Voluntary Service and they are an amazing group of volunteers and charity workers who are passionate about the importance of reading and books.

I decided that I'd keep her company and also help my sister run her first half-marathon (or because I was drunk when she asked) so I signed up to.

It was a brilliant weekend full of running, sunshine, carbs and alcohol at the end. Please give generously to Julie's fundraising page. She ran it in the fabulous time of 2:04 (I took it slow and clocked in at 2:40).

Obligatory Pre-Race Selfie
Obligatory Post-Race Selfie

Post Race Re-hydration
Always Re-hydrate



If you want to donate to ABC to Read then go here:


3 comments:

  1. This is the link to donate to ABC to Read:
    https://www.justgiving.com/Julie-Cohen

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it was a fabulous day! And excellent rehydration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you guys, well done! I couldn't even walk that far ... :-)

    ReplyDelete