Thursday, January 26, 2012

New Year, New...






I know we are almost at the end of January but things have been a tad hectic and I haven’t managed to properly post here since Christmas.

I usually hate new year and I have to say this year has surpassed all expectations in general ickiness. I am pulling myself hand over fist towards February with increasing desperation. As a result I haven’t quite got round to any sort of new year resolutions except make it to the middle of next week.

But what about after that? I can’t spend the rest of the year crawling my way through each month, ticking off the days until we hit 2013. I have to figure out what will 2012 bring me and what will I bring to 2012?

I do know one thing. The book will be heading to an agent. I know we have heard this before but this year I WILL DO IT! I have six chapters left to revise. There is no excuse (except for my tax return… that I do need to do).

The other plan for this year is for me to figure out a way to get to the States and get to stay. Some things changed at the end of 2011 and I am no longer thinking in terms of ‘me’ but am thinking in terms of ‘we’. A big change but lovely. Logistically problematic. I can only hope that I can get it sorted fast but there is a lot that can go wrong. Many a slip twixt cup and lip.

So here is to getting to February and to kicking 2012’s behind. YEEE HA!


Come back on Sunday to hear from Susanna

3 comments:

  1. A book and a bloke. It promises to be a fantastic year,resolutions or not!

    Liz X

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A big change but lovely."

    Damn straight.

    :-D

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck, I'm sure you'll find a way! And send off that book soon - I want to read it!!

    ReplyDelete